Job Description: Operations Manager for a delicatessen and food production company
Reports to: CEO
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Team Management
- Supervise employees’ work and performance including the preparation and monitoring of working hours/shifts.
- Manage employees’ leaves and ensure the smooth continuation of work during absences.
- Customer Service & Sales
- Ensure high standards of customer service is provided to customers in the shops, online, or on the phone.
- Conduct cross-selling and demonstrate excellent product knowledge at all times.
- Build and maintain good relationships with points of sales.
- Manage purchase orders including coordination with points of sales, transport, and delivery of products, and receiving payments.
- Create a customer tracking sheet that provides data on repeating and new customers on a monthly basis.
- Conduct market benchmarks and assist business owners with the pricing strategy.
- Provide insight reports on product behavior, trends, and best sellers.
- Oversee the cash operations performed by cashiers.
- Supervise the cash operations entered in the system.
- Coordinate with the accountant on the data generated from the system.
- Assist in the check-out process by handling customers payments in the case of absence of cashiers.
- Ensure effective cash-flow management by monitoring the inflow and outflow of cash.
- Product/Shops Management
- Monitor on a daily basis the displayed products and ensure they are properly displayed and replenished.
- Maintain a nice and appealing store and products display.
- Ensure that products are stored in good conditions and according to applicable standards.
- Oversee products labeling and monitor dating of products received from production before putting them on shelves or in stock.
- Update product pricing when needed upon approval of business owners.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness covering store, shelves, and workstations.
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance activities conducted in the shops.
- Stock Management
- Build and maintain accurate records of all inventory items.
- Ensure that these records are up to date at all times in the system.
- Track and monitor inventory levels and ensure they are maintained at optimal levels by coordinating with the kitchen/production team and suppliers.
- Coordinate the transport and delivery of products from the production facility or suppliers to the shops and ensure products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Suppliers Management
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers.
- Manage purchase requests including coordination with suppliers, transport and delivery of products, and payment of suppliers invoices.
- Identify and propose new suppliers that offer good quality products and good prices.
Potential candidates must submit a cover letter and an updated CV to email@example.com